Why we love Just in Time
The perfect holiday for family and friends in a gorgeous holiday resort sprawling along the shores of a large lagoon just outside of Praia do Bilene.
This is a true ‘Out of Africa’ experience complete with stunning facilities in a tropical haven known for its astonishing inland lake, perfect for all water sports.
The ocean is a short 4x4 or quad bike ride away over the dunes and the view takes in lush dune forests, gorgeous flowers and dazzling blue waters.
Families with children can spend all day in the warm, safe waters of the calm lake boating, fishing, swimming and trying numerous water sports.
Family Holidays at Just in Time Bilene are the Best
Just In Time offers valuable and quality self-catering accommodation in the lush and tropical Bilene beach region of Mozambique. It’s famous for its astonishing inland lake, the captivating Lake Uembje, also known as the San Martino Lake, extending 5 km by 14 km and reaching up to 30 m deep. Bilene Lodge accommodation at Lake Uembje. The perfect stop for self-drive travellers to Mozambique. Packages and specials to Just in Time, Bilene.
Perfect for all water sports and swimming, this easily accessible destination is fast becoming a haven for all South African revellers from Johannesburg. They come to bird watch, walk, boat and fish, as well as relax in the summer sun. Bilene is situated on this large lake beside the warm Indian Ocean and is akin to a mini-Mediterranean island beach resort.
This is really good value for money accommodation for your holidays in Mozambique. Just in Time Resort offers fully fitted luxury cabins with 4 rooms that share a communal kitchen and bathrooms. There are 2 camping sites and everything is powered by permanent Electricity with a standby generator. All cabins and rooms have fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, bedrooms and lounges, free limited Wi-Fi and loads more!
The view from the Just in Time resort is one of breathtaking serenity with lavish flora and an endless white sand lakeside beach to feast the eye on. Enjoying the calm waters of the lake if the rush of the ocean is not your scene, is a bonus for parents with youngsters or toddlers. Walk into the waters that slope down gently from shallow to deep and get out those paddle boards, kayaks and windsurfers.
Walk to the shores of the ocean and enjoy a stretch of prime white beachfront without the interruption of crowds. Stroll from your room to the famous Bilene Coconut Bar right on the beach and meet the locals, while enjoying a refreshing Mozambican beer or a delicious cocktail. Just in Time features electricity and an onsite generator in case of power failure.
The mouth of the lagoon is a must-visit and can be reached by driving from the Village of Nhabanga back to Praia do Bilene for about 11 km, then chartering a small boat/ferry to get there. Visitors with their own boats or jet skis can go immediately and will enjoy the stunning energies here for fishing and exploring. It’s fun to buy fresh fish off the boats and to meet locals in the pubs at Nhabanga Village where basic supplies are also available for self-catering holidays in Bilene.
Visit the vibrant markets to buy fresh traditional bread (poa), fresh fish, crab, prawns and other seafood delicacies, local art and artefacts. There are banks and ATMS, restaurants and cafes.
- 7 Fully Equipped Log Cabins with 4 rooms, fully equipped kitchens, patios
- All necessary linen, fans, air conditioning, tea and coffee facilities
- Shower, basin and toilet
- Designated braai area and patio
- 2 x Campsites
- 24-hour electricity, back-up generators
- Cleaning service
- Braai/BBQ Area
- Quading/Biking/Go Karting
- Boating/Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski)
- Deep sea fishing, windsurfing, kite surfing
- Ferry trips, kayaking, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Beach and inland drives
Getting to Just in Time
- Self-drive 680 km from Pretoria or Johannesburg on good roads. Travel by tarred road into Praia do Bilene and then approximately 11 km of sandy road easily traversed with any 4X4 vehicle.
- Drive towards Maputo and after passing the tollgate on the outskirts of Maputo, take the Xai Xai turn-off (EN1) to the left.
At Macia (approximately 190 km from Maputo) take the Bilene turn-off to the right (408).
- At Bilene (34 km from Marcia) take the first exit to the left of the circle. Turn left at the T-junction next to the flea market. Turn left at the Millennium Bim (Bank), onto a dirt road. Please follow the “Just in Time” signs.