We know why you need Mozambique this summer! It is time to relax and find a paradise setting where the sun always shines. Summer in Mozambique is hot. We can make it hotter by offering you outstanding package deals for your dream holiday with accommodation. Deep sea diving, fishing and romantic spa treatments will make your summer holiday in Mozambique the ultimate memory!
- Deep sea diving
- Machangulo Beach Lodge – diving is very rewarding at this lodge, the estuary and sea coming in to create a unique setting. Within the marine reserves lie some excellent visuals of protected marine species that create that ideal and sublime diving experience. The lodge offers courses for novice divers and some wonderful shipwreck sites for those in the know. The PADI instructor is one of the first Mozambicans to ever attain his Instructor Level with PADI!
- Ibo Island Lodge – we know that Dive Quirimbas on Ibo Island is for you. This activity centre will find a scuba adventure for you because it is about entering another universe of wild underwater landscapes filled with rainbow fish. Your dive instructor will take you to Lighthouse Reef South to see large schools of Blue Lined Snapper and Harlequin Sweetlips, Nudibranchs and Flatworms, not forgetting the occasional Turtles and White and Black Tip Reef Sharks swimming by.
- &Beyond Benguerra Lodge – kit up at the fully equipped dive centre at Benguerra Lodge and set off to see what lies out there, beyond the horizon. Or simply try snorkelling close to the lodge as an introduction to the pristine coral reefs so renowned in this part of Mozambique. Divers love Two-Mile Reef, a famous dive site where you get to see game fish and colourful corals. Look out for Batfish, Whale sharks, Moorish idols, Butterfly fish, Boxfish, Sweetlips, Ribbontail rays and much more – there are no words for what you may or may not see!
- Guludo Eco Lodge – dive on magnificent reefs where few divers have gone before. This is the right diving destination for novice and pro divers who want to either learn more or explore huge drop-offs in strong currents. You may see Humpback whales and other cetaceans, turtles, huge game fish, and countless reef fish. Explore the islands of Rolas and Matemo and find shallow coral gardens harbouring beautiful sting rays, abundant reef fish and curious turtles. Guludo Beach Lodge is a fully accredited PADI Dive Resort with a resident dive instructor.
2. Deep sea fishing
- Machangulo Beach Lodge – fishermen love the deep channels here and all kinds of fishing are on offer. Guided offshore and channel fishing will teach anglers new tricks while rock and surf fishing is up to you although you can request a guide. This is a great fly fishing territory and the lodge an assist with tackle and setting up. Fishing, like some of the other activities, is dependent on the weather and tides. Machangulo Beach Lodge uses two modern and safe powerboats designed for diving and fishing.
- Massinga Beach Lodge – set off on a deep sea fishing safari on the lodge’s huge catamaran with its two 85 hp Yamaha motors ideal for 4 fishermen. Or try your hand at fishing off the beach into the surf. You can catch Big kingfish (Giant, Big eye, Blue fin, Dusky, Tropical, Yellow fin and three spot), Job fish. King Mackerel, Wahoo, Barracuda, Tuna (Bonito, Yellow fin), Dorado (Dolphin fish), needle scale queen fish, Natal Snoek and more! The accommodation at Massinga Mozambique is sublime especially for families. They can be watching from their beach villas as you launch for your fishing excursions daily!
- Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort and Spa – some of the best fishing in Mozambique happens here, at Mozambique’s premier fishing destination. Nestling on the 12 000 ha Bazaruto Island, this island hotel promises all year-round great quality fishing – the diversity of game fish is a dream come true for all types of fishermen.BazarutoAnantara supports the Durban Oceanographic Research Institute (ORI) tag and release programme. In 2012, the holiday destination won the prize for the most tagged fish out of all commercial charter operations along the southern African east coast!
- Romance and de-stressing
- Magaruque Villas – a popular destination away from the rat race where visitors choose from six luxury self-catering villas boasting names of shells found in the region. Settle into spacious accommodation with lounges, kitchenettes, bedrooms with chic island decor and private decks with plunge pools. Honeymoon couples will no doubt appreciate the main villa, Cowrie, with its two bedrooms, lounge-dining room, wine cellar, large covered veranda, swimming pool and air-conditioning. The only three-bedroom villa, Sea Urchin, features a private plunge pool on its outside deck.
- Vamizi Island – honeymooners can choose to relax in exclusive villas with blowing linen walls and marble showers or they can take on a world of adventure – there are top class diving and game-fishing, or snorkelling and swimming with the kaleidoscope of tropical fish straight off the shore. And if you need to unwind after an energetic day on the water unwind with a relaxing massage or indulgent spa treatment. Indulge each other with a candlelight beach dinner for two or a champagne sunset dhow cruise. Thehis and hers massage is unforgettable – really unwind as you lie quietly and let our professional therapists rub away your knots.
- Azura Boutique Retreats at Quilalea – the attention to detail all over the island is amazing – even the foot pools have petals in them! The snorkelling around the island is unmatched and it starts at your villa doorstep. Enjoy an ocean safari to see whales and dolphins in season or try fishing for beautiful big game fish. Sit quietly and watch the two resident fish eagles on the island serenading one another. It is here that turtles come to lay their eggs in the sand and be careful where you walk as the numerous hermit crabs illustrate the importance of the biodiversity on AzuraQuilalea.Enjoy romantic candlelight dinners under the star or under ancient baobab whilst you feast on the freshest of seafood caught that day.
We know why you need Mozambique this summer! Book your package today!