Holidays and travel to Mozambique continues to get easier. The government of Mozambique announced in 2017 that all tourists can now get dual entry Mozambique visa at all points of entry, and its valid for 30 days. All immigration posts are now able to issue these biometric visas immediately.
Affordable and Convenient
The new visa will cost $50 USD. Border visas are available on arrival irrespective of whether there is Mozambican representation in their home country or not. Although High Commissions and Consulates will still be able to issue 30-day tourist visas it is certainly a lot easier to get your Mozambique visa on arrival.
A total of 44 Mozambique borders will now be issuing biometric visas to visitors with the remaining 14, in many of the least-crossed land borders, to be able to issue them soon. It seems that 26 border posts were already issuing the visas since 2005 but there was plenty of confusion here about who was eligible or not and now all visitors from other countries can safely enter Mozambique for 30 days with an instant visa.
South Africans Still Don’t need a Visa
South African travelers must have a valid passport (validity at least 30 days after the intended return date) with two clean pages in the passport when they visit Mozambique but they do not require a visa for a stay of up to 30 days. See the full Mozambique visa requirements here for both work and tourism purposes.
The basic requirements are:
- A valid passport with at least six months validity and a minimum of three or more blank pages.
- A document to confirm the applicant’s address during his/her time in Mozambique. This may be either a hotel or lodge booking confirmation or an invitation letter from a host in Mozambique, which is required if the applicant will be staying at a private home with family or friends. The invitation letter/Term of Responsibility must be signed by the host and authenticated by an official Notary in Mozambique.
- Applicants must have a return airline ticket and adequate funds available for the duration of their stay in Mozambique.
- Visitors with tourist visas are not allowed to engage in any form of employment (including voluntary work) while staying in Mozambique.
Excitement Mounts in Preparation for Holiday Seasons
Accommodation providers and tour operators throughout Mozambique are excited about this announcement and are now hoping for an increase in foreign visitors this year. Mozambique has so much to offer every holidaymaker – from dazzling white, tranquil beaches and panoramic ocean views to clear aqua bays, indigenous dune forests, and inland lakes. Visitors can experience a wealth of marine and land wildlife, ensuring fantastic game viewing and underwater adventure. The high quality of accommodation and holiday packages entices visitors from afar afield as the United States, Scandinavia, Europe, and Great Britain.
Our best-selling Mozambique holiday packages combine Kruger National Park with the island lodges of Bazaruto. It’s a beautiful bush and beach combo with direct flights and growing rapidly in popularity. Combine Lion Sands and Azura Benguerra Island for a five-star holiday of a lifetime.
The granting of a 30-day visa at most border posts in Mozambique has paved the way for smooth sailing by visitors into this popular tourist destination. Now Mozambique can compete with Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi for their huge piece of the tourism pie as the year’s upcoming holidays start in earnest.
Border posts in Mozambique Issuing 30-day Tourist Visas
- Maputo Airport
- Vilankulo Airport
- Pemba Airport
- Beira Airport
- Tete Airport
- Inhambane Airport
- Nampula Airport
- Nacala Airport
- Ressano Garcia Border (South Africa)
- Giriyondo Border (South Africa)
- Namaacha Border (Swaziland)
- Ponta do Ouro Border (South Africa)
- Goba Border (Swaziland)
- Chimefusa Border (Zambia)
- Mandimba Border (Malawi)
- Zobue Border (Malawi)
- Milenge Border (Malawi)
- Chicualacuala Border (Zimbabwe)
- Machipanda Border (Zimbabwe)
- Nyampanda Border (Zimbabwe)
Contact one of our travel experts for impartial advice and the best deals on Mozambique holidays HERE.