Gorongosa National Park Promotes Authentic Safari Holidays in Africa
Gorongosa National Park is the premier safari holiday destination in Mozambique. Check out our Gorongosa National Park information and travel packages today. For travellers seeking unique connection to nature, look no further for special deals including flights and transfers to Sofala Province. At Mozambique Travel, we offer adventures into Africa’s top wilderness destination with the promise of luxury lodges or elegant canvas tented camps.
Choose a contemporary self-catering unit at Montebelo Gorongosa Lodge and Safari, a stone’s throw from Chitengo Campsite beside a round swimming pool in the lush gardens. Camping under the stars at the tented seasonal Wild Camp is a naturalist’s treat or select serenity in nature at the magical permanent Muzimu Tented Camp. Game drives, nature walks, bird watching, and total mind and body relaxation are all yours in this magical Mozambique game reserve.
Gorongosa Luxury Accommodation and Camping Offers in Super Deals
Choose Gorongosa National Park for your ultimate safari holiday in Africa. We promise some of the best luxury safari accommodation package deals and camping special offers to Mozambique’s ultimate wilderness where animals run free, and people learn how to conserve green spaces for their own futures.
- Montebelo Gorongosa Lodge and Safari,close to the picturesque Chitengo Campsite, is now open! Choose chic family accommodation in select premium villas with two bedrooms and delightful shady patio with garden views. Standard self-catering villas offer stocked kitchenettes for that home away from home touch in the Mozambique bushveld. Cool bungalows and garden rooms are a convenient stroll from the central Chikalango restaurant where you can sample freshly brewed coffee and a delicious breakfast as part of your accommodation special deal.
- Gorongosa Wild Campis a seasonal spot in a prime safari area. Settle into delightful attractive canvas tents complete with comfy beds, solar lighting and USB ports, ensuite outdoor bathrooms and plush décor. Game drives and bush trails are the highlights of safari holidays to this Gorongosa wild camp, boating and canoeing, plus sightseeing trips up Mount Gorongosa to see the view and learn more about the cultural history of a superb conservation icon.
- Muzimu (“Guardian Spirit”) Tented Camppeeps out from a bend of the Mussicadzi River, one of the main tributaries to Lake Urema, lying at the bottom of the rift valley. Comprising six luxury tents, raised on stilts with timber decks overlooking restful river vistas, Muzimu offers privileged guests a chance to meet up at the dining, lounge and pool area where the focus is on discovering true nature while enjoying al the special activities on offer.
Sustainable Tourism Initiatives in the Great Gorongosa Safari Park
A safari holiday to Gorongosa National Park is a lesson in sustainable tourism initiatives. Welcome to the core of Sofala Province, Mozambique, an historic green lung that connects protected areas in the country to preserve nature and her ecosystems. Imagine being part of this healthy landscape that will drive sustainable economic growth to the people who live around the park! Gorongosa National Park aims to balance the needs of wildlife and people to save this beautiful wilderness and we take you there to enjoy its riches.
Game drives to see the Big 5, wild dogs, pangolin, crocs and hippos are core of our all-inclusive package deals to Montebelo and Wild Camp in Gorongosa. Choose your wilderness safari vacation with care when you select a campsite in the park, and we can fly you there.
Our bush-beach special package deals are hot! Combine your Gorongosa bush break with a Mozambique beach getaway from Ponta Mamoli to Maputo, then beyond to the white sands of Inhambane and Vilanculos. We promise world class island escapes with all-inclusive special packages to the fabulous Bazaruto Archipelago. We tailor make your Gorongosa-Bazaruto safari island deal with all meals and transfers!
Unforgettable Safari Activities at Gorongosa with Deals Made for You!
- Game drives with pro safari guides to explore spectacular floodplains, surreal fever tree and palm forests, and endemic antelope, primates, lions, elephants, buffalos, hippos, and crocodiles
- Walking safaris to get up close and personal to wild animals, tiny critters and plants with knowledgeable game rangers
- Boat safari to explore the magnificent Lake Urema, the heart of Gorongosa. Look out for giant crocodiles, pods of fabulous hippos, and jaw-dropping water birds
- Canoe safari to paddle quietly up the charming Pungué River. Notice restful sandy beaches, reed beds, and riverside forests, extraordinary birdlife and sunny vistas
- Biking outings with local staff to visit their local communities and learn about the other side to conservation
- Mount Gorongosa excursion to experience the incredible rainforest, waterfalls and Coffee Project. Meet local farmers who are planting shade-grown coffee to revive the rainforest
- Birding adventure to spot breeding colonies, resident species (some endemic), and seasonal migrants
- E.O. Wilson Biodiversity Lab Tour to learn more about Gorongosa’s unique approach to conservation.
Getting to Gorongosa National Park
- Self-drive into Chitengo, the park main headquarters, with your own private vehicle but no self-driving allowed within the park itself.
- Fly into Beira or Chimoio and use the Hotels Transfer service or 3rd Party Transfer Providers, from Beira the average travel time is 4.5 hours and from Chimoio 3 hours.
- Charter a plane from Beira International Airport with Safari Air. The flight is a quick and scenic 35-minute flight.
Contact us for all the information you need to get to Gorongosa National Park to experience quite the best getting back to nature safari holiday you ever dreamed about. We offer irresistible packages deals inclusive of flights and transfers and you choose the lodge accommodation or sleeping under canvas in one of the super tented camps.