Why we Love Eclectic Beach Retreat
Modern, stylish Inhambane villa accommodation right on the beach, made for honeymoon couples
Long flat white beaches, beautiful warm ocean waves and a huge range of water sports for the active outdoor lover
Make new friends in the many bars, restaurants and nightclubs for a diverse social experience; book a seat on the pub crawl adventure!
A private refuge in nature yet close enough to Barra and Tofo beaches for surfing, diving and fishing experiences; town tours to Inhambane to meet the local culture.
Boutique Hotel Accommodation on the Beach at Barra, Inhambane
An all-embracing, versatile and splendid boutique hotel in Cabo Nhamua, Praia de Barra, Inhambane, is taking Mozambique by storm. Eclectic Beach Retreat lives up to its name as a diverse, stylish and fascinating holiday destination for couples. Picture long flat beaches, glassy dazzling ocean vistas and swaying coconut palms and you have the perfect image of Eclectic Beach Retreat.
Find this divine accommodation near Barra Beach and the surfing mecca of Tofo. A place to dive, to fish and to meet the locals in the many bars and restaurants on the lively beachfront.
Only 21 km from Inhambane town, your chic villa sits metres from the shore and your luxury deck with private plunge pool is all you need in this paradise setting. A fantastic Mozambique destination to rejuvenate body, mind, and soul, with your beloved partner. The emphasis here is on lavish attention to detail and five-star service with a smile. We want our guests to feel at home in the privacy of their chic villa where tranquillity revives and calms.
Settle in only seven boutique beach suites fully equipped with a lovely sitting area, kettle, air conditioning and showers (some suites come complete with a kitchenette and microwave). Spend most of your sunny days out on your terrace or taking long beach walks and ocean dips.
Indulge in fresh seafood meals at the Eclectic restaurant and sip a cold beer beside the sparkling swimming pool. Your private host will serve your drinks and snacks on your private deck. Your accommodation rate includes a delicious free continental breakfast of fresh local cuisine, plus free Wi-Fi in public areas, free parking, and a free airport shuttle. Stroll through the lush tropical gardens and enjoy all activities at your fingertips.
Awe-Inspiring Activities in Inhambane for Eclectic Beach Retreat Guests
It is time to be free! Take long beach walks, watch the sunrise, do some yoga, take a fat bike on a beach adventure. Go for a private dhow trip in gorgeous mangroves and experience the abundance of nature. Or simply sip cocktails in the rim-flow pool surrounding yourself with beautiful style and outstanding service.
There is no reason for boredom at the diverse Eclectic Boutique Hotel Barra where just about every water sport is on hand for your entertainment, plus other entertainment:
- Kite surfing, stand up paddle boarding, surfing, kayaking, jet skiing, deep sea fishing and boat trips to nearby beaches to see the marine wildlife.
- Summer diving experiences in Barra Mozambique attract all levels of divers to this wonderful Inhambane coast. Come to see the gentle and almighty Whale sharks, the eerie yet beautiful Manta rays and the silent rare turtles. Humpback whales cruise by during their breeding season, June to November, and dolphins love to play beside surfers in the swells.
- Surfers can hit the beach just 7 km away at Tofinho and Back Door in Inhambane where waves continue to delight beginners and pro surfers. Beach bars rent out surf boards and body boards if you want to give it a go.
- Birders can take long walks to find the more than 50 different ocean and land species and outdoor lovers will be in heaven with the magnificent scenery all round them.
- Sociable tourists can hit the nightclubs, bars and restaurants to meet fellow travellers and locals who are warm and friendly. Try the local food with its Mozambican and Portuguese flavours but makes sure you sample the fresh fish and seafood, the Portuguese breads, nuts and coconut-based dishes.
- No drinking and driving here – simply book your seat on the bar-hopping evening and get driven in an open 4×4 to all the pubs in the area on a unique beachfront pub crawl!
- During the days of rest from all the sun, take a tour into Inhambane to shop at the local market, to sample some real local foods and to meet Mozambicans selling traditional clothing and curios. Appreciate the architecture in the Cathedral of our Lady of Conception from colonial days long since gone.
- The boat trip across the lake to Linga Linga to relax in an uncrowded beach, so worth the lunch and the beauty that surrounds you. Spot the marine creatures from an ocean cruise and take photos of these magnificent animals in their protected reserve waters.
- Deep sea fishing off the boats at Barra is imperative if you dream of hooking Marlin or other huge game fish. Fire up the adrenaline for the fishing experience of a lifetime. Most of Mozambique fishing is done on an eco-catch-and-release policy to allow these giants of the deep to breed.
Read all about Eclectic Beach Retreat and the wonderful accommodation options right on the sugary beaches. This is the beach boutique hotel where couples come to rediscover their love, celebrate a honeymoon in paradise or simply to get away from daily stresses. Mozambique special package deals can be combined to add on to your adventure to this mainland coast.
Eclectic Boutique Hotel Facilities
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Concierge services
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Pool umbrellas
- Free breakfast
- Total number of rooms – 7
- Free self-parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Outdoor pool,
- Multilingual staff
Activities at Eclectic Beach Retreat Inhambane
- Diving and snorkelling
- Kitesurfing, parasailing
- Surfing, bodyboarding
- Jet skiing
- Ocean safaris, boat trips to Linga Linga for lunch
- Nature walks
- Town tours, bar hopping tours
Getting to Eclectic Beach Retreat Inhambane
Self-drive: Getting to Eclectic Beach Retreat is easy now that the roads leading in and out of Maputo have been upgraded. Drive in your normal vehicle on the EN1 main highway until you get to the junction just outside Maxixe at Lindela and then drive to Inhambane town. Then take the EN259 along the coast all the way to Barra Beach.
Fly: Scheduled flights land often at Inhambane International Airport from Maputo and South Africa. Catch a private charter from Johannesburg if you prefer. Chat to Mozambique Travel about the best air option for you. Eclectic Beach Retreat also arranges free shuttles from Inhambane, 24 km away, and from Johannesburg for your convenience.
Barra Beach is 1 km from the resort, while Tofinho Monument is 15 km away.