Why we Love Kapama Kruger
Kapama River Lodge is proud of its glorious Drakensberg Mountains backdrop and is one of the premium private game lodges in the Kruger National Park.
Tucked away in the serenity of a vast and awe-inspiring bushveld landscape, the River Lodge Spa spreads over 5 treatment rooms offering massages, body wraps, facials, steam treatments, milk baths and pampering for the guys too.
Bush walks take you deeper into nature with a talented game ranger who will show you animal tracks, medicinal plants, insects, birds and trees – and maybe even a surprising member of the Big 5!
Honeymoon couples love the romantic sleepout at Kapama high on a platform to view the sunset then spend the night listening to nature with only soft lantern lights.
Kruger National Park Safaris Kapama Lodge
Book a few unforgettable nights at Kapama River Lodge – a legendary luxury game lodge in the greater Kruger National Park area where we have the best Big 5 deals available that include all game drives, activities, luxury accommodation in earthy suites, and transfers. Safari enthusiasts book elephant safaris in this popular private wilderness concession.
Business delegates come for customised wildlife safari packages including full use of the Kapama world-class media room/conference centre. Many visitors book all-inclusive special deals with meals, teas and coffees, two guided game drives per day and other thrilling activities.
We love the idea of a combo bush-break for adventurous tourists to Kruger who can add on a beach villa stay on the Mozambique mainland near Maputo or Vilanculos. The Bazaruto Archipelago promises some thrilling island ecstasy after the rawness of the bushveld – we customise safari/beach experiences with flights and transfers included.
So much character at Kapama River Lodge in the impressive African styled décor in sunset colours of burnished bronze, reds and golds. Relax around the sparkling swimming pool during the heat of those summery days or chill out at the cool thatched lounge and bar areas. Dine outdoors on the attractive deck overlooking the Kapama River or sip a cup of freshly brewed coffee while wild animals stroll along the boundary.
Special Rates for Safari Accommodation in 62 Suites on the Kapama River
Find plenty of safari accommodation for well-heeled guests in 62 suites situated along a curve of the seasonal Kapama River. Choose from Standard Courtyard Suites, 16 Spa Suites, 4 Family Spa Suites, 2 luxurious Royal Suites, and Deluxe Suites. Picture heavy oak log beams, natural materials, attractive thatched roofs and world class toiletries and décor.
- Standard Courtyard Suites – facing the courtyard, these comfy suites have private decks and “old Africa” style furnishings
- Spa Suites – very private, set back from the lodge close to Spa with modern fixtures, extensive glass doors and views of the nature reserve
- Family Spa Suites – three-sided balconies, roomy bedrooms and lounge plus aircon and beds for the kids
- Royal Suites – extra space and luxury with a comfy lounge, large balcony with couches, en-suite bath and twin shower
- Deluxe Suites – aircon, rain shower plus deep bathtub, contemporary technology and an earthy elegance of luxury.
Kapama River Lodge Facilities
- Double volume thatch covering L-shaped bar and lounge with double-sided fireplace
- 62 lavish suites: courtyard, spa, family spa, royal and deluxe suites
- Air Conditioning
- Private balconies
- En-suite bathrooms
- Daily housekeeping
- Mini bars
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Swimming pool
- Luxury spa
Kapama River Lodge Activities
- 3 different dining venues for authentic African meals
- Game viewing from your unfenced accommodation
- Game drives
- Guided walks
- Chic spa
- Hot air balloon rides
- Hoedspruit Centre for Endangered Species
- Camping out under the stars
Getting to Kapama River Lodge
Self-drive from Johannesburg: Along the N12 or N4, eMalahleni (Witbank), eMakhazeni (Belfast), Emnotweni (Dullstroom), Mashishing (Lydenburg), R36 to Ohrigstad, Strydom Tunnel, Hoedspruit, R40 to Klaserie, Kapama.
Kapama River Lodge can receive fly-in guests of scheduled flights from the nearby Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit. Jump on the free transfer open air game viewing vehicle which drives you the 10 minutes to your suite.
Chat to us today to book your dream Kruger Park safari into a private game lodge where luxury counts and where you can still add on an idyllic beach holiday in a fancy villa on the Mozambique coast.