Muzimu Wildlife and Azura Benguerra Double Deal
Mozambique Travel is promoting our luxury combo bush beach package safari to Gorongosa National Park and Benguerra Island in the Bazaruto Archipelago. Spend a total of 9 nights exploring Mozambique’s very best game park and island retreat on one holiday. We ensure you get the best of both worlds in the raw bushveld of Muzimu Tented Camp then the swish luxury of an Azura Benguerra Retreats island villa. From an intimate wilderness immersion to a tropical water sport context, you get to bush walk and kite surf in one dream safari beach holiday to Mozambique!
Gorongosa Muzimu Camp
An authentic nature experience awaits all visitors to Muzimu Tented Camp deep in the wilds of Gorongosa National Park. Seek out the true safari rewards of wildlife sightings, nature walks, bush breakfasts and sundowners, biodiversity education and more. Muzimu means “Guardian Spirit”, discovered on bush walks in the mind-blowing grassland, river and rainforest habitats of the conservation region. Disguised in the curve of the Mussicadzi River, six raised luxury East African style canvas tents with private timber decks boast ensuite showers and splendid views. One of Mozambique’s flagship conservation areas with a remarkable history, Gorongosa National Park focuses on ecotourism, conservation and community initiatives.
Azura Benguerra Island Lodge
The most elegant beach hotel in Mozambique, uncontested, Azura Benguerra is a true island paradise complete with restaurant and poolside bar, personalised service and jaw dropping beauty. It’s part of the Bazaruto Archipelago, a marine national park boasting sensational ecosystems extending over a vast 1 430 square km area of sea and land. This is sustainable tourism at work, and you still get to appreciate gorgeous, air-conditioned villas featuring their own infinity plunge pools and beachside salas! Benguerra island was originally named Santa Antonio by Portuguese explorers after their patron saint and is the second largest isle, and a haven for wildlife and special habitats. Come and see for yourself!
- Fabulous diving and fishing experiences mesmerise guests forever and the snorkelling with dolphins makes superb memories.
- All-inclusive packages with thrilling helicopter transfers get the adrenaline going.
- Walking trails to meet real animals in their natural habitats and to take note of all the tiny critters.
- Rare Samango monkeys play in the rain forests around the spectacular Murombodzi waterfall on Mount Gorongosa.
- Guided Snorkelling Safari
- Whale Watching
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Scuba Diving
- PADI Diving Courses
- Horse Riding
- Island Soccer
- Daily safaris by jeep, boat or on foot led by qualified and experienced guides.
- Canoeing into pristine swamps and up rivers so remote it’s only you and the birds
- Cycling to villages to meet community members and discover a new culture
- Return light air transfers from Beira to Muzimu
- Accommodation in a chalet
- All Meals
- Wines & Beverages
- Safari Activities
- Refreshments on Safaris
- Park and Conservancy fees.
- Return helicopter transfers from Vilanculos to Benguerra island.
- Accommodation in a sea-facing Beach Villa
- All meals including main beach dinners.
- Local beers and spirits, selection of house wines
- Soft drinks, tea & coffee, waters
- A Sunset Cocktail of the day served to Sala.
- Use of Peri Peri Beach Club
- Mozambican host service
- Wi-Fi access in public areas and rooms
- Scenic Island drive by Land Rover
- A sunset dhow cruise.
- Try scuba session in pool.
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Use of kayaks and paddleboards
- EVAC medical insurance