Where to stay in Kruger National Park
Looking for a Kruger National Park safari and Mozambique beach or island add on? A bush safari combined with a beach getaway is key to the ultimate trip to Africa. Travel to South Africa to experience extraordinary wildlife sightings and lavish accommodation in Big 5 game reserves in and around the famous Kruger National Park.
Choose from Kruger’s best bush camps and lodges with our accommodation guide here. We also recommend world class beach and island lodges in Mozambique to add on to your bush adventure. Travel from South African to Mozambique in a private charter to by road and find time to revel in the magic of beach and island sanctuaries. Many of these are also nature reserves and conservation areas where rare species and habitats live in harmony.
Start here- book your holiday and safari to South Africa’s largest and most renowned game reserve, Kruger National Park. Add on a beach holiday to Mozambique.
Kruger Mozambique Bush-Beach Highlights:
- World class independent wildlife viewing
- Untouched wilderness on nearly two million hectares of land stretching an incredible 20 000 square kilometres along the Mozambique border
- Game drives, nature walks, wildlife immersion and delicious venison meals
- 2 500 km of mesmerising white fringed aqua oceans where palm trees sway and luxury villas hide in natural dune forests
- Preserved, exquisite seascapes and ocean activities, seafood meals and sundowner boat cruises
- A range of valuable and plush accommodation to suit all pockets, 5-star service and all mod cons required for quality holiday relaxation.
Kruger Facts and Figures
- Kruger National Park is huge – an awesome 7,580 miles² (19,633 km²).
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by President Paul Kruger.
- On 31 May 1926 the National Parks Act was proclaimed and with it the merging of the Sabie and Shingwedzi Game Reserves into the Kruger National Park. The first motorists paid one pound to enter the park in 1927.
- Kruger is a World Heritage Site boasting nearly 254 known cultural heritage sites, including nearly 130 recorded rock art sites.
- Kruger is home to 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians, 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals.
- See The Big Five (Buffalo, Elephant, Leopard, Lion and Rhino) and the Little Five (Buffalo Weaver, Elephant Shrew, Leopard Tortoise, Ant Lion and Rhino Beetle).
- Kruger is so big with a tremendous botanic diversity – 16 macro ecozones, from mopane to thorn veld and an incredible 336 tree species.
Choose the Best Safari in Africa at Kruger
Kruger is one of the premier game-watching destinations in the world. Choose the best safari in Africa at South Africa’s flagship game reserve – larger than Israel, packed with wildlife and their pristine bush habitats. Join visitors from all around the world who flock to the Kruger, in the Mpumalanga and Limpopo Provinces, all year round to see wild animals in their real habitats.
Luxury Private Lodges or Cultured Camping Accommodation Choices in Kruger
Choose an upmarket, exclusive private game lodge if you want to be pampered and indulged in luxury while you game view. Or take a self-drive through the park over many days, stopping along the way to camp, book self-catering cottages or the comfy rest camps with their huts, bungalows, chic guest cottages and guest houses.
Modern and satisfying facilities and accommodation in the offer visitors beautiful, hutted camps, open 4×4 safaris, fuel, leisure activities and refreshments wherever they go. You won’t be disappointed by the quality infrastructure of roads, water holes, hides, picnic sites, shops and restaurants for your entertainment and well-being.
But the focus is on game viewing and learning more about a disappearing habitat, and finding the trees, the insects, reptiles, birds and mammals. In fact, Kruger consists of six uniquely different ecosystems – baobab sandveld, Lebombo knob thorn-marula bushveld, mixed acacia thicket, combretum-silver cluster leaf, woodland on granite, and riverine forest! The four regions (far north, north, central and south) are completely unique and don’t seem to fit under the label of ‘bushveld’ for their extreme contrasts.
Book your package tour to Kruger National Park, almost a country in its own right and a must-visit for every South African and international traveller. Take only photographs, leave only footprints and respect what is left for the children.
At Mozambique Travel, we tailor make your Kruger safari special deal and we add on a beach villa in Mozambique. Call us to book this beach and bush combo deal today!