Best Safari’s to go to in Kruger National Park in 2023
The ultimate Kruger National Park safari combines perfectly with a fantastic Mozambique beach or island resort holiday. We tailor make your ideal combo package deal. We have 20 years of experience booking memorable safaris and holidays in Africa. Choose South Africa’s flagship game reserve to ensure a winning wildlife experience.
Kruger is the largest national park in the country and second largest in Africa. It’s the perfect game viewing destination for your South African safari holiday package in 2023. We focus on some of the best Kruger safaris and safari packages here with their astonishing accommodation choices ranging from rustic camps and cabins to lavish lodges and chalets deep in the bush. We offer honeymoon packages, family holiday specials and group safari deals.
Managed by the South African National Parks (SANParks), the park is a famous World Heritage Site that aims to conserves thousands of plants and animals, as well as the rich cultural and historic past that make up South Africa’s valuable heritage.
Finest Kruger Safari’s and Accommodation Choices in South Africa
Kruger National Park is enormous and comprises a wide range of finest accommodation and luxury game lodges both within its boundaries and outside the park in the Greater Kruger National Park.
Choose from campsites in nature, self-catering cabins, bungalows and chalets, some more remote than others. Self-catering chalets allow tourists to be independent, budget wisely, to game view without schedules and to cook what they want to eat.
- Standard SANParks Kruger Accommodation: self-catering chalets in rustic rest camps with all the services tourists need for their comfort.
- Private self-catering bush camps and lodges: self-catering chalets more remote than the rest camps, reserved for people who book in advance.
- Other accommodation: private facilities outside the Kruger gates – bed and breakfasts, guest houses, hotels, lodges and self-catering cottages.
- Luxury safari lodges: within the park and in the Greater Kruger region where five-star service and facilities enhance superb game drives and nature walks.
Kruger Mozambique Bush and Beach Safaris
We feature a wide choice of safari vacations combined with beach or island experiences – at Mozambique Travel we make sure each guest is happy with their personal best choice.
Choose our fully inclusive safari and beach combo with chartered flights to AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge and helicopter transfers to AndBeyond Benguerra Island. Our best package deal yet to South Africa and Mozambique. Other treats include three full meals a day, all drinks, game drives, a bush walk, ocean activities and island exploration tours.
Or what about the ultimate Mozambique-South Africa Beach and Bush safari package for the incredible Lions Sands River Lodge in Kruger and the ever-sublime Villa Santorini in Vilanculos? This safari package includes flights between Skukuza and Vilanculos, all airport transfers and five-star accommodation in top accommodation venues. Your select South Africa-Mozambique holiday package is one of our top selling combo deals!
Yet another example is the stunning beach safari package deal 7 nights all found in two luxury lodges: the idyllic Pestana Kruger Lodge, a four-star safari hotel just outside Kruger Park at Malelane Gate and the fabulous Machangulo Beach Lodge just outside Maputo. All transfers, most meals and a number of activities included.
Book your bush & beach package tour to Kruger National Park, almost a country on its own and a must-visit for every South African and international traveller.
Kruger Park Safari Highlights
- Honeymoon Safaris – couples in love get to know each other in a wilderness setting, enjoying the blissful amenities at luxury lodges including private game drives, dinner for two in the bush, serene nature walks, delicious cocktails and spa treatments after long days in the sun.
- Family Safaris – tented camps, rustic huts and luxury bungalows offer heavenly holiday destinations in Kruger for the family. Guided game drives, nights around the fire telling stories, seeing the Big 5 and learning all about the environment and its conservation.
- Crème de la crème safari tours – premier luxury lodges are waiting for your call if you prefer chic elegant suites, world class service and nouvelle cuisine cooked the South African way. Game drives laid on, drinks in the bush and special sightings of rare animals and birds.
- Popular Safaris – Book a cabin in a Kruger Park rest camp and self-cater with the other guests who want to be independent and save a few Rands. Buy meat at the shop, throw it on the braai and listen for the lions roaring at night. Then go out on a dawn game drive in your own car.
- Guided Safari Packages – Book your private villa in a luxury game lodge and get the full treatment of game drives, five-star food and service, opulent bedroom facilities and more. Guided game drives and walks daily, plus an attentive private host.
Kruger Park Safari Facts and Figures
- The Kruger National Park measures 350 kilometres long and 60 kilometres wide, bigger than some European countries.
- The southern border is the Crocodile River, and the northern border is the Limpopo River. Mozambique hides just beyond the Lebombo Mountains in the west.
- Take anti-malaria tablets on your holiday as the Park falls within a malaria area.
- Cultural evidence includes some 300 archaeological sites of Stone Age man going back up to 100 000 years ago. Bushman tribes (San people) and Iron Age inhabitants lived here too, thanks to relics found.
- These rivers run through the park: the Sabie, Olifants, Crocodile, Letaba, Luvuvhu and Limpopo Rivers.
- Tourists love seeing the Big 5: elephants, the lion, the Cape buffalo, the rhino and leopard. They are all endangered and threatened by terrible poaching.
It’s time to book your tailor-made Kruger Park package with a combo deal in Mozambique on a beach or an island of your fancy. Call us today to customise your bush beach holiday in South Africa and Mozambique with all-inclusive extras thrown in.