Choose a Safari Holiday Close to Kruger at Limpopo National Park
We can assist you with where to stay in Limpopo National Park in Mozambique and adjacent to Kruger National Park. Choose the Mozambique safari specialists with our great range of bush camps and lodges throughout the parks of Mozambique. We can recommend the best bush-beach combo safari holiday for you today.
Plan your ideal beach to bush excursion in Mozambique starting at the magical and wild Limpopo National Park. A conservation area that straddles three countries and offers some of the best game viewing in the world. You can explore both the bushveld and the Mozambique coastline, while enjoying a cultural experience second to none.
Did you know that Limpopo National Park crosses between South African, Mozambique and Zimbabwe, a million hectares of pure wilderness on the boundary of Kruger and with the Limpopo River? Did you know that Limpopo National Park is part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park including Kruger in South Africa and the mind-blowing Goharezhou National Park in Zimbabwe?
Proclaimed in 2001, it is an environmental and cultural project involving people and planet for sustainable tourism. Imagine breath-taking natural scenery, sunsets you will never forget into the African wilderness and exciting off-road 4×4 driving? Add to this luxury game lodge accommodation and luxury beach villas, guided walking safaris, canoeing and bird watching, and you have a Mozambique package holiday that many tourists only dream about.
Parque Nacional do Limpopo Highlights
- Visit Limpopo National Park to discover its wide variety of biodiversity – see elephant, sable, roan, lion, giraffe, impala and even 49 different species of fish in the Massingir Dam.
- Fences have been dropped between the three countries allowing wildlife to move steadily back into Limpopo National Park.
- Look out on your game drives for plentiful wildlife in the park such as elephants, lion, Cape Wild Dog, leopard, rhino, blue wildebeest, spotted hyena, Cape buffalo, mongoose, kudu, giraffe, zebra, oribi, hippos and a huge array of beautiful birds, reptiles and insects.
- Be aware that the summers are very hot with temperatures soaring to over 40°C but the winters are mild. The rainy season usually starts in January until about March.
Limpopo National Park Facts and Figures
- The park is part of the enormous Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, stretching 35 000 square kilometres between South Africa (Kruger), Zimbabwe (Gonarezhou) and Mozambique.
- The park has a tourism zone, a wilderness zone and a resource utilisation zone where hunting is allowed.
- Accommodation and activities for tourists include the Machampane tented camp, the Machampane wilderness trail, the Shingwedzi 4×4 trail, the Aguia Pesqueria campsite, the Massingir hiking trail and Campismo Albufeira.
- The four main landscapes include lowland plains savannah in most of the area, a somewhat hilly granite plateau in the western portions, the Lebombo Mountains that rise to an average of only 500 m above sea level, and the floodplain riverbank areas along the Save, Changane, Limpopo, Olifants, Shingwedzi and Komati rivers.
Visit Limpopo National Park to experience the spectacular scenery and world class bird watching, not to mention the park’s unique Self-Drive 4×4 Experience – cross the Park between Pafuri (north), Mapai (East), Giriyondo (West) and Massingir (South).
Combine Limpopo with Mozambique Beach Villas Nearby
Discover three countries in one, three conservation areas in one and wilderness holidays you will never forget – in Limpopo National Park. Combine your game viewing holiday with a beach holiday in luxury villas with ocean views.
We guarantee that a few days in the exquisite Santa Maria region, on the peninsula near Maputo Bay will extend your time in Mozambique perfectly. Choose the gorgeous Machangulo Beach Lodge for luxury service with a smile, fully equipped villas and a divine restaurant for dining out at your leisure. There is so much to do here on the ocean and on the huge white beach with its vast dunes and wild estuary: scuba diving, snorkelling, boat cruises, water sports, long walks and swims.
Chat to us today to secure your vacation in paradise on Mozambique’s tropical coastline and in the wilderness areas where game viewing rates top in the world.