Can I travel to Mozambique from South Africa?
What are the rules?
Yes, you can, and President Nyusi just updated the protocol in place for the next 30 days. So whether you are self-driving up the coast from Kosi Bay to Ponta Doro or Ponta Malangane OR flying in for a luxury Island holiday in the Bazaruto Archipelago, you can do it now without too much hassle and no red tape.
What do I need to travel to Mozambique?
Effective from 27th April 2021 for a further 30 days:
- Entry to Mozambique is allowed to all travellers with a valid tourist or residency visa. The issuing of border visas for tourism purposes has now resumed.
- All passengers arriving in Mozambique must present proof of a Polymerase Chain Reaction test (PCR) with a negative result for SARS-CoV-2, carried out in their country of origin in the last 72 hours before departure.
- All persons who have had direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 are subject to the mandatory home quarantine regime of 14 consecutive days.
- National citizens who are returning from travel and who do not present the valid PCR test for SARS COV-2, are subject to the 14-day quarantine regime or undergo the test to their own costs.
- Children from 0 to 11 years of age do not need to produce the COVID-19 test when entering the country.
- Public beaches are closed for purposes of physical and leisure activities; however, this restriction does not apply to sidewalks, pedestrian zones and boardwalks adjacent to beaches.
- The curfew between 22:00 and 04:00 currently in force in Maputo and all provincial capitals will also be observed in: Manhiça, Chokwe, Maxixe, Gondola, Moatize, Mocuba, Nacala, Montepuez, Massinga.
- DIRE’s and temporary visas are automatically extended until May 31, 2021.
- Casinos, museums, theatres, galleries, and similar cultural venues may open up to 40% capacity.
- Gyms may open to 15% of their capacity.
- Hotel swimming pools are open for the use of resident hotel guests only.
- All persons must wear masks and comply with the usual combat the spread of COVID -19 requirements (handwashing, keeping a minimum of 2 meters apart, etc)
In summary, this means as long as you have had your Covid test done and all is in order you can holiday in Mozambique for 14 days without any inconvenience or restrictions. Shake of those months of Covid blues and head to the beaches and islands of Mozambique now. Pack your sun cream and get ready to be welcomed with that great hospitality Mozambique is famous for. Think about grilled LM prawns and sipping on a DoisM beer as you watch the sun go down over the Indian Ocean! It doesn’t get much better than that.
Get in touch with one of our team who are all Mozambique experts and we will tailor-make a package to suit your budget and interests. We will get back to you straight away!
You just can’t wait to plan that holiday…can you?
Enquire with one of our travel specialists now, and we will get back to you shortly.
Santorini Mozambique Free Night Offer
Per person sharing