Why we Love Azulik Exclusive Luxury Lodge
Beautiful eco lodge proudly dedicated to fair trade with the local people and protecting all living things in the Vilanculos Wildlife Sanctuary.
The best of both worlds – an exquisite Mozambique beach holiday within a pristine, remote wildlife sanctuary for body, soul and emotional release.
Easily accessible from South Africa by air to Vilanculos - and all boat, plane and helicopter transfers arranged for guests.
Local communities play a vital role in the conservation of the Vilanculos Sanctuary, partnering with government and private lodges like Azulik to look after the incredible 30 000 ha of marine and land wilderness.
Book out the entire lodge for your friends and family then kick back and relax as a private chef conjures up fresh seafood, tropical fruit and fresh produce meals.
Dream Mozambique Holidays at Azulik Private Lodge in a Sanctuary
Magic memories are made at Azulik Private Lodge from its sensational setting deep inside a nature area. Yes, the exquisite Azulik has been carefully constructed within the boundaries of the famous biodiversity hotspot that is the Vilanculos Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary on the San Sebastian Peninsula, including southern tip of the Bazaruto Archipelago in Mozambique. Picture the combination of dazzling white beaches, remote idyllic islands and a sea so blue it hurts your eyes.
Azulik Exclusive Luxury Lodge is proud to be a part of the 30 000 hectares of marine and wildlife conservation areas making up the Vilanculos Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary, the first privately managed specially protected reserve in Mozambique. Looking out over the awe-inspiring Bazaruto Archipelago, Azulik is a nature refuge where guests come to enjoy diverse ecosystems of wilderness, wetlands, forests, grasslands and beaches, home to plentiful marine and land animals. This eco destination is perfect for groups wanting privacy and world class service with a smile. We are the Mozambique holiday specialists, and we can customise your family holiday package deal in a jiffy to include all the necessary flights and transfers.
Azulik Private Lodge is a Mozambique Sustainable Tourism Destination
Conservation, community development and eco-tourism are integral to the Azulik sustainable tourism ethos. A destination in nature where fair trade etiquette with the local community ensures ecotourism benefits for all, and ongoing endeavours to protect diverse unique vegetation and wildlife within the sanctuary make Azulik Exclusive Luxury Lodge an attractive holiday option. What’s more, this Vilanculos eco-destination is off the grid, relying on solar power energy, a kinder choice for the environment.
At Azulik, guests can book out the entire Lodge for a group experience to ensure the perfect tropical beach holiday combined with a wildlife experience. Yes, game drives within the sanctuary are included in your stay, transforming an idyllic beach break into a combo beach-bush getaway in one place. Get the best of both worlds when you come to experience water sports, romance, fine dining, beach activities and both ocean and land safaris to view diverse wildlife.
This eco-lodge embraces African contemporary interior design and traditional African architecture, the main building offering an open plan lounge, dining and bar area. This unique combination is further enhanced by the breathtakingly beautiful surroundings and sea view. Cool off in the infinity pool or simply soak up the sun on the stylish deck. Scattered hammocks, hanging beds and lowered seating around the pool promise an indoor-outdoor experience. TV and games are also available to cater for a cross section of visitors’ needs. Book the entire lodge for your group package deal.
Elegant Tented Accommodation for Exclusive Group Packages at Azulik
Settle into just four ornate, part tent and part bungalow villas with private decks and chillout hammocks to promote relaxation and ocean gazing. Experience the all-encompassing sounds of nature from your queen size bed and its draped mosquito nets and appreciate tasteful mod cons to enhance your getaway into the wilderness: fans, tea and coffee making facilities, bottled water and quality toiletries. Each cabin hosts two guests making this definitive haven ideal for two families or several friends.
Azulik Exclusive Lodge Facilities
- 4 luxury thatched and wood tented cabins with ensuite bathrooms
- Dining area, bar area, lounge area
- Infinity pool and viewing deck
- Garden and fireplace
- TV and Wi-Fi
Azulik Vilanculos Eco Lodge Activities
- Game viewing drives
- Beach walks, hiking and walking tours
- Swimming and snorkelling
- Barbeques and picnics
- Water sport facilities on site
- Horse riding
- Windsurfing Off-site
Getting to Azulik Lodge Vilanculos Sanctuary
- Self-drive: For adventurous guests who would prefer to drive, Vilanculos is approximately 700km north of Maputo. It would be best to do the trip over two days with a stop at Inhambane, since the journey can be quite long.
- Flying: Daily flights are available from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Vilanculos Airport (except on Sunday). Flights are also available from the Kruger National Park and charter, or private flights can easily be arranged.
- Airport Transfers: Transfers from the airport to the Lodge must be booked at the time of making a reservation and are charged separately as the cost varies considerably depending on pax or mode of transport. It must be noted that, at times, there may be a delay in the transfer to Azulik Lodge should passengers be arriving at different times on different airlines. Transfers to the lodge can either be via boat (45 min), helicopter (10 min) or hovercraft (35 min). If transfer is via boat, you may be required to wade through knee-deep water, so bear this in mind when choosing your attire.
Once you arrive at the sanctuary, you will be met by Azulik game viewing vehicle, and driven the 20 min drive to the lodge. Here a warm welcome and an ice-cold cocktail await you.
VISAS for Business and Tourists can be issued on arrival. South African passport holders do not require a visa.