It is an ancient and worldwide practice that dates back about 10,000 years with various techniques and traditions and it has been transformed by modern technological developments. Mozambique Travel offers some of the best game fishing in southern Africa. If you’re after black or striped marlins -they’re regularly caught in the Quirimbas and Bazaruto area. Salt water fly fishing has has also become very popular in Mozambique. Conditions are ideal and many regard salt-water fly fishing as the pinnacle of the sport.
Big Game Fishing
- Some of the world’s best fishing for Marlin, Sailfish and Tuna
- Fully-equipped speciality big game fishing boat
- Tag and release policy
Salt water fly fishing
- Azura Benguerra has its own specialist instructors from beginner to advanced
- Giant Trevally (GT’s) up to 50kg a speciality year round
Barra Resorts Fishing
- Charter boat fishing at Barra Lodge
- Experienced resident fishermen
- A large number of game fish abound in these waters including sailfish and pelagic species
- Prime destination for fishing competitions
- We encourage catch and release
Benguerra Lodge Fishing
At Benguerra Lodge, specific attention is paid to the needs of the angler, no matter whether he or she is experienced or trying their hand for the first time – nor whether the objective is shallow water flyfishing or deep sea patrolling.
Marlin Lodge Fishing
For the angling enthusiast, the Bazaruto Archipelago is heralded as one of the greatest game fishing sites in the Indian Ocean. Species such as Sailfish, Blue and Black Marlin and King Fish can be found roaming deep beneath the waters.
Vamizi Island Fishing
- The Vamizi fishing is run by Stuart King who is a very experienced and professional fisherman
- Best times are August to Feb
- Top destination for King Fish (Caranx/ Giant trevally), Dog Tooth Tuna